Sunday, July 8, 2012

Nasihat Tunku Aziz untuk #MelayuSosialis dalam DAP, si Aspan, Ariff dan @DyanaSofya #balaciSosialis

Tunku Abdul Aziz

Nasihat Tunku Aziz untuk Melayu Sosialis di dalam DAP 
 I found myself released at last from the tyranny of DAP's unfettered hypocrisy.
I think I must have been both absolutely mad and arrogant to think that I could make an impression on DAP's thinly-disguised Chinese chauvinism.


TAKING STOCK: It was a case of 

irreconcilable differences of personal values


I AM writing this from a secret retreat where I cannot be disturbed by man or beast. Take it from me; it is good for body and soul.
Farish Noor, the much respected scholar, in the midst of my little local difficulty, kindly suggested my doing what he does each year without fail, taking a break from life's unremitting pressure. I hasten to add that I am not in retreat, strategic or otherwise.
I need a little quiet time to reflect on integrity in our national life and our nation's security, in the aftermath of the ravages inflicted by Bersih 3.0 in the name of human rights and freedom.
The events of the past few hectic weeks, which saw my dramatic departure from the Democratic Action Party, brought into sharp focus the futility of my trying to find accommodation with a group of individuals whose values I quickly discovered were not those I am comfortable with.
It was not, as a friend had described, a clash of cultures. I could cope with that, having lived and worked among an assortment of people in many different countries. It is more accurate perhaps to describe my predicament as nothing more than irreconcilable differences of personal values that required me to take stock of my own position.
Taking a break from the politics of blame and hate was undoubtedly the best decision I ever made. I realised within two months of becoming a card-carrying party member that I had thrown in my lot with the wrong crowd.
I am not, and have never regarded myself, a politician, let alone a political animal. Small cracks started to appear early and to me it would not be long before things came to a head. And when they did on that fateful evening of April on ntv7, I felt a sense of blessed relief. I found myself released at last from the tyranny of DAP's unfettered hypocrisy.
My dear friend Datuk Zuraidah Atan, best known for her charitable disposition and plain speaking, upon hearing that I had strayed into a political minefield that many associate with DAP, rang me in the middle of the night to enquire in a tone that I could only describe as magisterial, "Tunku, have you taken leave of your senses?"
I am afraid all I could think of in reply was to attempt some feeble humour, "Yes, Zuraidah, in a moment of madness". The rest of what she said should best be kept under permanent wraps, as it should be between two good friends.
To be perfectly honest, I think I must have been both absolutely mad and arrogant to think that I could make an impression on DAP's thinly-disguised Chinese chauvinism.
Having observed the party in all its subtleties for close to four years, there can be little doubt where its real interests lie.
Malay voters have few misgivings about voting for MCA, but they are not too sanguine about their future at the hands of what they see as a repressive and, in spite of noisy protestations to the contrary, an undemocratic party writ large.
While dissent is proclaimed shrilly as a cardinal article of faith, try speaking out or out of turn and the outcome will be totally predictable. Malays must remain cautious until DAP sheds its skin, if ever. DAP is a party caught in a time capsule and for all its public utterances, it cannot by any stretch of the imagination be regarded as a multiracial party. The reality is that the role of top Malays in particular is purely intended to lend credence and legitimacy to its multiracial pretensions.
Recently, there was a flurry of activity to attract a remarkable young Malay prince of a ruling family. I was asked if I would organise an intimate dinner party at home, invite the prince and persuade him to join DAP with the promise that he would become the next menteri besar.
I told the power brokers that in all the circumstances, it was a non-starter. Imagine a situation where the father is the ruler, and one of his sons becomes his menteri besar. They next approached the prince on their own, offering him a federal seat instead. He had the good sense to decline. A shallow diabolical DAP plot at its best.


Read more: A dramatic departure from politics - Columnist - New Straits Times http://www.nst.com.my/opinion/columnist/a-dramatic-departure-from-politics-1.103748#ixzz1zxzkYEcM



No comments:

Popular Posts